Thursday, May 15, 2008

A Bit of the Bubbly, Please



I have an addiction.

An addiction to a bubbly drink that comes in bottles and is somewhat pricey.

An addiction to Soda Water!

I love Seltzer, Soda Water, Sparkling Water...water with bubbles. Bring it on! We've been drinking a lot of it. Especially last month, when we went without alcohol for the entire month. Poland Springs Lime Water was like crack for us. We went through a bottle a day. Then we got into Dr. Brown's Lemon-Lime Soda (inferior in my opinion, but at 99 cents for 2 liters it is a good deal).

Yeah, I know. Not so eco-friendly, eh? Not at all.

As we watched the recylcing bag fill with bottle after bottle we felt guilty. But we also felt entitled. We were giving up alcohol, afterall!

A few months ago there was an article in the NYTimes about a seltzer addict's quest for the perfect soda-maker. He came across the website of www.sodaclubusa.com, which has several models of soda makers.

We decided we wanted to take the plunge. Of course I wanted to order one right away. The Moose wanted to know about historic methods of making carbonated water and started telling me about 20lb. tanks that attach to your sink so you can have your own fountain.

Remember the 300 sq. ft? Still living in that.

I found a model I like-


I found one that was more expensive and looks like an animal-

Which one do you think he likes the best?

No comments: